Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Bearer of Bad News

Tonight was one of the hardest nights. Tonight was the night we told the youth that we are leaving our ministry. (actually asked to leave - not because of something I'd done)

We've know for 2 months that we were on our way out. So it has been tough to keep up the ministry and be honest with the teens about the future without telling them. There were a variety of responses we got from them. Some cried, some just sat there, others got up and left. Though no one asked a question, we know they are out there. We did get a few after class, so we know they are thinking through what is going on.

Now, we just wait and see how the next month goes.

I will post more later about details, but I wanted to write this (now that I can). This has been a burden on my heart and a stress for my family for two months and we are not even sure the hardest part is over.

Time to get some sleep - its back to the office tomorrow. :)

2 comments:

  1. Just wanted to say, I've been there before. Left a very successful youth ministry to go back to [to school. My emphasis to the young people was the fact that we all have to follow the Lord's call on our life. This will require change. Sometimes change hurts. But when we follow the call of God - it begins to make sense.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, change is tough. But like you said, if we truly want to follow God we must change. It is tough and for some teens this something like this is their first experience with this sort of change.

    ReplyDelete