Thursday, July 26, 2007

County Fair: Day Three

Day 3 was Cattle Day for me. Starting at 8am I watched students show their cows. I even took an hour or so off to come back home and spend some time with my sister before she went back home.

The coolest part of the day was in between the two cow shows, they had a cow weight guessing contest. they put 4 huge cows in the ring and you guessed the total weight. Anyone could do it and they had different categories, based on age. I came in 3rd in my division (won a free ribeye sandwich - which was very good). Not too bad for a city boy.

After watching cows for way too long, I went to work for 2 hours. Then it was home to pick up the family and head back to the fair. We watched the dog obedience. That was really interesting. All the dogs were good, but some were just amazing.

We opted to avoid the carnival in the evening and I think it was great to be home for supper and playtime. Another good day at the fair.

I really got to spend some time talking to a couple students today. Even a few I don't normally get to talk to.

No comments:

Post a Comment