Sunday, March 12, 2006

joy in the daily tasks

Last night, God showed me the importance of finding joy in the little things. I went outside with Nathan to just spend some time together before dinner. While we were out there I started to talk with him about the moon, stars, clouds. Nothing unusual, I try to talk with him about all the things we experience throughout the day. Well, for some reason, he really was interested in the moon. He sat for at least 10 minutes just watching it. It wasn't doing much, mind you. When a cloud would roll in front and cover it up, he would say "uh oh" and turn to me like he wanted me to fix it. As I sat and watched him enthralled by the sky I couldn't help but be encouraged to remember all God has done for me. Everything we encounter was created by God.

I just wanted to pass on a reminder to enjoy the daily tasks of life, for it is in them we see God.

No comments:

Post a Comment