Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Tuesday is the new Thursday

For those who have read any post on this page, you know I am almost done with my current ministry position. I feel like its all I blog about, but it has been going on for 3 months now - and it takes a lot of my time and focus. Well, today is my second to last day (hence the post title).

Anyway, I wanted to pass on a funny thing that happened today in the office. Keep in mind tomorrow is my last day at this church, there are only like 3 things left in my office that I own. I am only working on stuff for tomorrow night. I am doing no planning, no mailings, no calendars, nothing.

(I don't know whether to laugh or cry...) On his way out of the office my boss (the sr. minister - a good part of the reason I was fired) stopped by my office to say he was going to run some errands and would be back. Well, he proceeded to ask if I needed anything from the office store. What? Why would I need anything from the office store? I only have one day left in this office.

I am not really sure what to think about that. Does he just not want to realize this is happening or was he just trying to be nice/make small talk? Anyway, I find it really funny and have been chuckling about it for the last few hours.

Just thought I'd share

4 comments:

  1. I too, am in my final days in this location, preparing to move to a new one, and it definitely makes for some interesting office moments.

    "Could you come help me set up the sanctuary for a wedding?"

    "Am I fired if I say no?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, sometimes I have to stop myself b/c it is too easy to think "What are they going to do, fire me?" and not do something. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My situation's a little different, so I think the comments are taken a little more lightly than they would be for you. I hope there's enough positives for you to thrive through the last hard days, and launch you into whatever is next...

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is the first time I've left a ministry (other than my internships) and I know that no matter what the circumstances it would be difficult. I had always hoped this ministry would end much later and under different circumstances. But there are some positives that keep me encouraged (and b/c its been 3 months, I've learned to find the humor/positives in the other junk).

    ReplyDelete