Monday, February 22, 2010

SYMC: a few pre-conference thoughts

This weekend, I'll be in Chicago with a few thousand other youth workers at the Simply Youth Ministry Conference.

This is the first time I've been to SYMC, though I've heard great things about the last ones I've never been able to attend. As I prepare to travel a few hours north (and a few degrees colder), I thought I'd share a few pre-conference thoughts.

1. I'm really looking forward to meeting some of the other youth ministry mentors who will be there.
2. Normally when I go to NYWC I'm volunteering in the store. This means I do not get to experience the convention as an attendee. So I'm looking forward to being just an attendee - which means I can go to what I want and skip what I want.
3. I'm blessed to be able to stay with a good friend from college and his family. I don't get to see Kevin as much as I want to, so this will be a great chance to hang out with the best Deputy RA in the world. (Maybe I can convince him to start blogging more while I'm there)
4. I'm signed up to go through the "Secrets to a Healthy Youth Ministry" deeper learning track with Mark Devries. I am excited about this.
5. Taking a tip from a friend and "conference expert" (Mindi), I'm going to try to take in one of the "Chicago-only" experiences and visit Wrigley Field, home of the Chicago Cubs.


If you are going to SYMC, I'd love to meet you. Maybe we can get some lunch or just sit and chat about ministry. See you there!

No comments:

Post a Comment