Monday, November 28, 2005

God's providing

Well, today was a huge day for me. No, it wasn't because I started a new ministry. No, it wasn't because I was offered a new ministry. In fact it had nothing to do with ministry.

Yesterday, during a call with some friends something (from God) about a job came up. This particular friend of ours has her own dental practice. She was looking about needing to fill a certain position and asked if I would be interested in working there until I found something. Now, I won't be making near as much as I would in a ministry. but it is a good bit more than I would be making without it.

God has opened this door to help sustain us through some difficult time. This job will cover less than half of what our current budget is per month. But what a blessing it is to have it at all!

Today I also got some encouragement in the form of an email. What makes this email so special is that it came from a sr. minister at a church in which I had applied for and did not get the job. He was thinking about me and the situation I am in and had been praying for me and wanted to see how things were going. What an encouragement to hear those thoughts/prayers from someone who could have easily thrown my information in the trash and forgotten about me.

No comments:

Post a Comment