Monday, December 03, 2007

Strong Tower

The song, Strong Tower by Kutless, really stood out to me the other day as I was driving in my car.


When I wonder through the desert
And I’m longing for my home
All my dreams have gone astray.
When I’m stranded in the valley
And I’m tired and all alone
It seems like I’ve lost my way

I go running to your mountain.
Where your mercy sets me free

You are my strong tower
Shelter over me, beautiful and mighty, everlasting king
You are my strong tower
Fortress when I’m week
Your name is true and holy
And your face all I see
Your face is all I see

In the middle of my darkness
In the midst of all my fear
You’re my refuge and my hope
When the storm of life is raging
And the thunders all I hear
You speak softly to my soul
Now I’m running to your mountain
Where your mercy sets me free.


Where do you run when things are going bad?
Where do you run when your hurt?
To whom do you run when life's storms crash in on you?

Ps 46.7 says "The LORD almighty is with us; the God of Jacob is our fortress."

Do you run to God? He is the best place to go - always comforting and safe.

When your ministry becomes difficult...
When things just do not seem to work...
When people say mean things to you...
When people say mean things about you...
When you mess up and need to apologize...
When others hurt you...
When you feel all alone...

...run to the strong tower.
...run to God.

No comments:

Post a Comment