Saturday, August 16, 2008

Third Day: Revelation Review

First thoughts: The guys in Third Day have delivered again. Revelation is a phenomenal album. Each song is strong both lyrically and musically. If you haven't heard the first single, Call My Name, you are missing out. After listening to it, you will be singing the chorus for hours.

What I think sets this album apart is the depth of the lyrics. The songs connect with everyone because they are about our struggles and hopes and humanity. Here is the chorus from "Call My Name"


"When you feel like you're alone in your sadness
and it seems like no one in this whole world cares
and you want to get away from the madness
you just call my name and I'll be there
you just call my name and I'll be there"


Every time I listen to the album, I get a sense of comfort. The lyrics remind me that I serve a huge God. This is a great album for those who need some reminders of God's desire to always be there for you. If you have struggles or hopes, you need to pick up the album, download it online or get a hold of it somehow. Its a great return to a studio album.

No comments:

Post a Comment