Saturday, October 29, 2005

Proud new papa

What a day (or was it two). Yesterday morning my wife and I went to the hospital to have our second child. She was induced and things were moving smoothly, until she hit the 1/2way mark. Then she didn't go any farther. So after 16 hours of contractions and not seeing any progress the last 5 or 6 hours, we went in to have a c-section.

The good news is that our little boy (Wesley) was born this morning at 1:14 am. The bad news is that I don't have a picture to share b/c I left the camera at the hospital. Thankfully, everyone is doing great. Still trying to recover and rest, but overall doing great.

It is a huge praise that Wes is here. Throughout the labor nothing went the way we had planned. But (because God knows that is better) everything went well and turned out the best.

many many many pictures to come :) (oh, I am so proud to be a dad of two)

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on the birth of your son! My wife and I had our first earlier this year and our labor went nothing like we had planned either. I'm sure glad God is the one in control! Enjoy your baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. We are now home and hoping things will start to get more settled now. It is hard to not go into something like labor and not have expectations, even though you know it will be different every time.

    ReplyDelete