Thursday, October 27, 2005

Stay-At-Home Dad

I have been able to due so much with my 18 month old son since I've been able to stay at home. I consider myself blessed to have this time at home. Now, I have really begun to miss being a full-time youth minister. I don't miss going to the office and doing paperwork. But I do miss teaching, spending time with the students and just being a part of a church body.

I have been able to spend some time with a few of the students and a few families, so that has helped us both. It is more difficult to not be at a church than I thought it would be. I am beginning to really be ready to get back to work. I love to be at home (and will surely miss the time with my family), but I know I have to go back to work sometime.

Why is it not possible to stay at home and yet have a full time job? But I could try to work from home, but then again I would probably never get anything done. I don't see how people can work from home and still get a lot of work done. I would never be able to take the time to do work, I would want to spend time with my boys (when #2 gets here any day) that I would never work.

Speaking of boys - we are hoping that anyday Wes will come (that is our baby to be). I am very thankful that God has allowed me the opportunity to be at home for the first "who knows how long" weeks of my second sons life.

Back to playing with my son :)

No comments:

Post a Comment