Thursday, October 26, 2006

A little more refreshed today

Last night I spent some extra time alone with God. I read from the Message - a few Psalms and 1/2 Ecc. Reading through Ecc. was good for me right now. Sometimes it is not what we do, but what we remember. I was reminded last night of just how much my actions matter. On earth my actions will be soon forgotten. But if I am doing something that has eternal significance (sharing the Gospel, showing love, being a light for God in a dark world) then my actions will also be soon forgotten on earth - but in Heaven they will be soon celebrated. I am not supposed to live for myself.

Another cool thing happened last night when I was spending time with God. As I was sitting praying, one of my dogs came up to me and wanted to sit on my lap. (this is the dog pictures in my profile pic) At first I was a little annoyed because I wanted to not have that "distraction." But that thought was soon replaced with a comparison between my dog and me and me and God. Last night I just felt like I wanted/needed to curl up in God's lap and feel His loving touch. I just needed to be reassured of His love for me; not based on what I do or what others think about me. His loved based on who I am (His child) and a love that overcomes.

God is refreshing!

No comments:

Post a Comment