Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Tough week

This has been a tough week for me. We've just moved into a new house. So this means each evening is pretty well spent trying to put stuff away - thus realizing we have too much stuff and no place to put it. Also, this Sunday is my littlest boys 1st birthday. This means a party, thus the crazy cleaning so we can have the party at our house. My sr. minister's wife is sick with pneumonia this week, so that leaves me "in charge." (although this doesn't mean too much - at least yet) YOuth Sunday is this week. And not very many youth want to help (well, those that would are all gone on a soccer trip) so I feel torn with doing another one. I'm not a huge fan of them, I tend to think that the youth can be integrated into the regular services with the adults and they do not need their own "special" service. (and we have 4 a year) Also, in two weeks I am launching a Kids Worship (3-6 grade) and still need some adults to help.

Also, this week, one of my former students "ran" away from home. He was gone for a few days. I got an email from his mom this morning and he is back home. Praise God!

On top of all of this, I feel like I need a kickstart or boost or something. I just do not feel like doing much of the needed stuff this week. Maybe I need to just spend some time in prayer and Bible study tonight.


If you have any thoughts or ideas on how to get out of this groove or on the situation with the high schooler wanting to stay in the middle school class, please post a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment