Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Aaron Shust: Whispered and Shouted

The sophomore album from Aaron Shust is packed with great songs. For fans of the first album, Anything Worth Saying, this new album will come as a much appreciated continuation of great music. For those who have not heard of Aaron Shust, this album is a great way to start.

From the first track, Long Live the King, to the last, Worthy/Let All I Do, you'll be singing along in no time. Along with the extra singing, I also find myself a little happier after listening.

My favorite song on the whole album is Long Live the King. Shust says it was inspired in part from watching The Chronicles of Narnia and continually hearing all of Narnia refer to Aslan with those words. Long Live the King is a great reminder of how I need to respond to God. Look at all He has done, I should show Him honor and respect.

This album is a great addition to your collection. Put it in your iTunes, your iPod or whatever you happen to use. But I would suggest you buy the album at Family Christian for one reason. When you buy Whispered and Shouted from Family, you get the Inspired Heart edition (which includes an additional interview DVD). This DVD is a great resource to hear the stories behind the songs and to get a glimpse into the process of writing and making the album.



(photo from aaronshust.com)

No comments:

Post a Comment