Friday, August 24, 2007

Fall Kickoff

Our Fall Kickoff is this Sunday. The way our church is set up, the students don't move up til the first Sunday in Sept. (even though this is their second week of school already). So, last year we had the high school and jr. high split for parts of the kickoff and together at the end. It worked pretty well, so we thought we'd do it again this year.

This year, we're doing a scavenger hunt and outdoor games. Our theme is "The Hunt" (so the scavenger hunt just seemed obvious). One group will do the scavenger hunt, while the other does the games - then they'll switch. then for the for last 2 hours it will be combined for a bonfire with dinner/worship/devo.

I'm excited about all of it - I'm hearing a good amount of excitement from the students and think we could have a great group. The one thing I'm not excited about is filling all the water balloons. I hate filling water balloons.

Sunday, the Hunt will be on. I'll post any pictures and stories next week. I'm especially looking forward to the scavenger hunt. It is a combination of video/photo hunt. I went around town and took upclose shots of places for them to find and do "something" at to get points. We'll see how well they know their town.

No comments:

Post a Comment