Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Acts 2.13 - Pentecost ridicule

I was reading through Acts 2 today and came across verse 13.

"Some, however, made fun of them (the apostles) and said, 'They have had too much wine.'"
It just reminded me that no matter how "awesome" and miraculous something is, it is never above ridicule. I think Jesus said something to that affect somewhere. Something about not being greater than your master.

I think I needed this reminder today. No matter what I do in ministry and how much God works in and through the ministry - there will always be people who find fault and will make their voice heard. I mean, even the apostles were ridiculed while speaking in other languages so that people could hear the truth of the Gospel.

Do not let the "negative voices" bring your down and cause you to forget the awesome things God is doing through you.

Be faithful to God's calling!

No comments:

Post a Comment