Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Weekend Recap

This weekend was fun, busy and a little refreshing. Here are a few thoughts from this weekend (in lieu of multiple posts, enjoy the extra time you have to do something else instead of readying multiple blog posts)

1. It rained for a good bit of the 6 hour trip on Wed.
Darkness + Rain + Driving = Not my idea of a fun drive.

2. Seeing family, who you don't see very often, is such a blessing.

3. I got to hang out with one of my best friends from high school (who is still a good friend). It was fun to see him and talk about how things are going. I have to say - it was encouraging to hang out with him. And he helped me pack up the car topper for the ride home. thanks doug.

4. Played golf with my dad and brother-in-law. Highlights include: a birdie on hole 1, getting the golf cart stuck in the fairway mud, "speeding" through a few puddles, hanging out with my dad and brother-in-law.

5. Wes' 2nd birthday party. We had a pinata, great food, fun gifts, family time, yummy cake, sticker tag, wiffleball game, football game and a "Green Giant Incredible Hulk" (a picture to come later).

6. 10 Year High School Reunion. It was good and unexpected. More to come in another post.

7. Went to service at my "home church." They have just hired a new sr. minister - so it was good to meet him. Talked to some old friends and encouraged by others. What a blessing to be among people who I've known for years and who have known me since I was in elementary school.

No comments:

Post a Comment