Sunday, June 29, 2008

Curious Eyes of a Child

Today, during service I was caught by the wonder in my son's eyes. As he was sitting on my lap, he just kept looking around. He watched the people behind us, in front of us and next to us. He was so curious to see what people were doing. He was not disruptive. He was not drawing attention to himself. He just wanted to know what people were doing.

His curiosity got me thinking about my own curiosity and wonder. There are a lot of times in my life where I become so used to how things are that I do not even think about them. How many times do I go with traditions and not think about them?

Today I was encouraged by my son (through watching his actions) to not lose my curiosity and wonder. May I encourage you to do the same. Watch and listen. Do not stop asking questions. Keep both eyes open and do not move through life on autopilot.

No comments:

Post a Comment