Friday, December 22, 2006

caroling part 2

Yesterday I got to go caroling again. This time I went with the FCA from the high school. We went after school and went to businesses (since we live in a small town, I think we just about hit every single business in town) and took cookies and sang. There were actually 3 groups. One went to a nearby town, the other two split up. Its a lot different going to businesses than houses. We got to sing to anywhere from 1 person (3 times) to an entire office with like 20some people (once). There were two places we went that we didn't even sing :)

It was a fun time and nice to get to interact with students who are not part of the student ministry. Its been good to see a transition happen within the students as they are beginning to know who I am and know that I am interested in their lives.

In this area, I am the only fulltime youth minister. And there is only one other parttime guy. So I think the community is learning who I am and knows that I care for the teenagers.

No comments:

Post a Comment