Sunday, November 04, 2007

Me, My Family & DST

Today is day 6 to be gone from home...

I really miss my family!!

Its been a long week, good - but long, and I'm really starting to miss my wife and boys (and when I say start, I mean intensified). This trip has been a lot tougher being away from home. I will be so glad to be back home Monday night (before I leave on Friday for an overnight event).

Okay, now for the "fun" part of my morning...

Last night, my roomie and I tried to change our hotel alarm clock. Had some trouble and the front desk said it was going to change on its own. So we set the alarm and left it alone. This morning the alarm went off and I turned it off. Then when I woke back up it was 15 minutes til I had to be in the store. So I did the smart thing, I checked my roommate's cell phone to make sure the time was correct. I was late, it said. So I rushed to the convention center. The scrolling banner on front said the same time. I continued to rush. I got into the convention center and made my way to the store, only to find no one. At this point I checked my cell phone. Instead of being 10 minutes late, I was 50 minutes early. :)

So I went back to the hotel and had breakfast. Only I could be potentially late on DST, where you get an extra hour of sleep.

But the first general session is going on and its very peaceful with Jeff Johnson leading.

(and to top it all off, I haven't gotten to watch The Office yet this week)

No comments:

Post a Comment