Saturday, November 24, 2007

Unexpected Encouragement

I was given some unexpected encouragement by a parent the other day. We were at an event and a parent told me he needed to talk to me. I didn't know exactly what to expect next, as the conversation could have went many directions. Instead of anything negative, I was given a little encouragement.

This parent told me that there has been a change in his children, a good change. They like the environments we have created for their ages and enjoy coming to various events and classes. These were encouraging words to me. A lift to my spirit amid some otherwise negative moments as of late. This parent went on to say that beyond the "programs" we have for his kids, they really like me. His children like being in my class and like hanging out with me.

That statement was like fresh water to a half empty well of encouragement. I'm not trying to say I want to or need to be "liked" by every student that comes through the doors (though that would be pretty great wouldn't it?), but making a connection with them is the goal.

He wanted to let me know I was making an impact. I was positively affecting his children.

May you be reminded today that you are making a difference. Your ministry is impacting those you minister to. God is using you to change lives, don't ever forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment