Monday, August 08, 2005

Refreshed

This weekend was very refreshing. It was not without its memorable moments, some good and some bad. I'm not sure what I expected from Promise Keepers, but I know what I took away.

5 things that I will remember:
1. Reggie Dabbs (emcee for the weekend) told a story about something that happened at a recent conference. He said he was talking to this man and the man called his wife and asked Reggie to tell her that he (the husband) loved her. Reggie did and also asked the wife if the husband could come home (I guess he hadn't been home for awhile). The best part was that Reggie said the wife said "yes." God was working in the man's life and was allowing his wife to do the same.

2. Seeing all the men come forward to make a commitment to changing their lives to be better husbands, dads, workers... It is a great site to see men accept God's call on their life.

3. It was cool to see the boys singing and participating with the older men.

4. Along those same lines... it was awesome to watch a few older men (grandpas?) up front on the floor singing and dancing with the younger men.

5. I was convicted that I have not been the best leader in my home. I want to be a better leader for my family.

I'll take away a midnight dinner at Chili's. Now, that is fun (get to see a different side of men at midnight in a restaurant). I was able to laugh a lot and build on my relationships with other men. God used the two days to refresh my soul and recharge my batteries.

Plus I got PK wristband (oh, I mean commemmoritive wristband celebrating their 15th year)

No comments:

Post a Comment