Friday, August 05, 2005

Time away

This weekend and some next week, I am going to be getting some time away from work. This weekend I am going to be going to a Promise Keepers conference in Charleston. I have not been to a PK conference in over 10 years. I am excited about the chance to be at a conference and not be "in charge" and thus having no responsibility.

Next week, my brother and sister are coming in town for a few days. This is something we look forward to, since we live 8 hours away from each other. We are planning on going to the beach for a few days, too. Again another chance to relax and refresh.

I think it is so sad that we (as youth ministers) do not take enough time away. In order to be as effective as we can in ministry we have to take care of our own spiritual walk. It is times like this upcoming week when I have to step back and ask myself who is taking care of my relationship with Christ. It has to be me.

If you have not taken a break in a while - go take one. Even if its just for an hour or so today.

Take some time away and allow God to speak to you and refresh you.

No comments:

Post a Comment