Monday, March 19, 2007

Sunday, long Sunday

Well, yesterday was a rather long day. The morning was pretty normal (which is long anyway), but it was the evening that was extra fun. We had a planning meeting before service and an elder's prayer time after service. So I was at church for over 3 1/2 hours last night.

Before Sunday School, one of the little kids' class teachers came up to me and asked if her class could come in and share something with the high school. They have been working on learning the 10 commandments and wanted to share with the "big kids." I thought it would be good. The only problem is that we are meeting in a room that is not even big enough for the class itself, let alone adding another class. So the little kids sat in a circle in the middle of the room and shared what they knew. Which, after being asked, none of the high schoolers said they could do it. (I'm not sure if I could do it in order either, though).

It actually tied in with the lesson, too. We talked about Moses having to wear the veil after coming down from the mountain. (more on this in a later post)

So, the big fun was at the planning meeting. Two weeks ago I wrote about how well the meeting went when we first talked about some of our upcoming events. Let me just say that yesterday's meeting was not quite as good. Yeah, we got a lot done and figured out. But honestly, we probably wasted 1/2 the time on little stuff. The good thing was there wasn't anything else we needed to cover. There is a chance we could have worked out more details about our upcoming grad. banquet.

This meeting ran right up til our youth group time. So I didn't get to do much relationship stuff with the students before class. Then with the prayer time afterward, it was about the same. I am always encouraged after spending an hour or so in prayer with the leadership. Plus, I got home right in time to read and pray with Nathan before he went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment