Monday, April 09, 2007

5 things I wish I could magically remove from youth ministry

I wish I could magically remove...

1. the thoughts of "I'm better than anyone else" in teenagers.
2. bad language from media that is used at church. (ie. TV clips)
3. room limitations.
4. parents who do not care. And replace them with parents who do.
5. people who are more concerned with tradition than Jesus Christ.


Yeah, #2 can be taken care of with video editing. But not all of us have a good video editing set-up. And some times the DVD player doesn't start right at the same spot you paused it after it shuts off.

The others are issues that can be addressed and dealt with. My wish is to be able to magically snap my fingers and its done. An easy, simple fix. Yeah, that's what I want today. But tomorrow I'll remember tha quick fixes are never really fixes at all and will opt for the time-consuming slower "fix."

No comments:

Post a Comment