Wednesday, April 18, 2007

top 20 youth ministers? really?

A month or so back, I ran across a list of the top 20 youth ministers. I was a little shocked and saddened that someone would attempt to put together a list of the "top 20" youth ministers in the country. I mean, really, who can decide which youth minister is able to be crowned best. Then, as I was looking over the list I realized all of them were from "big/megachurches" and thus what is being said is that only megachurch ministers can be the most effective.

I was a little offended by the list and was going to post about it. But, for some reason, I never did. Then today I ran across a post by Kurt Johnston (#1 on the list, by the way) concerning this list. He answers some of my questions and validates some of my assumptions about this list.

I feel better after reading what Kurt himself said about the "award."

No comments:

Post a Comment