Monday, April 30, 2007

Small Town Youth Ministry

I've been at my church for 10 months now. As the year has gone by I am learning more and more about ministering in a small town. There are some aspects of youth ministry that are very different and some that are pretty much standard across the board. Last year about this time, as we were visiting and waiting I started trying to figure out what would be different with a small town youth ministry. I think I've learned a lot over the last year about the "challenges" and "advantages" of ministering in a small, rural town.

Today I start a series of ongoing posts about small town Youth ministry. I'll be sharing from my experience (both good and bad) and sharing some observations. If you are ministering in a small town and have some advice, please let me know and I'll post it so other ministers can benefit from it.

Before I get going too far, I'd love to hear some of your thoughts on what is different in small town vs. big town youth ministry.

For example, Have you ever had a student ride his ATV to youth group? I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment