Tuesday, May 08, 2007

CHOICES & teens

During class on Sunday, I introduced the students to some resources we've put together to help them with their personal growth. Its nothing new or original. They are based off the Habits that Doug Fields' has put together, over at Saddleback and SimplyYouthMinistry.

We call our resources: CHOICES. Its got a "fancy" acronymn, but mainly its b/c growing closer to God is a choice we all have to make. I showed the students some samples of what we wanted to offer them to use. Some of the students were less than interested, but others seemed to start thinking about it. I handed out some sheets for them to sign up to take the resources, so we can track who has what.

After class I got one of the "sign up" papers back from one of the students. I was excited when I got it and looked that two options were checked. LampLights, Scripture Memory cards (a resource we've put together) & Rootworks, Bible Study (a SYM resource). It was encouraging to see this student desire to grow deeper.

No comments:

Post a Comment