Saturday, May 26, 2007

prayer for my grandma

Short version - please pray for my grandma, she had a stroke today and is in the hospital.

Longer version - Amy and I are wanting to go and visit my grandparents this next week (Monday & Tuesday) since we haven't seen them in a long time and I have two days off. They only live 2 hours from here. Well, this morning I called my grandma to talk to her about it and see if we could stay overnight. When I called it was the strangest thing. Normally, my grandma is very talkative and sharp. Well, today all I was hearing was "uh huh & yeah" to anything I asked. It was strange (and scary, if I'm honest) because it wasn't my grandma I was talking to - at least that is how it felt. So after I got off the phone I called my mom to talk to her about it and see if she had heard anything about my grandma's (her mom's) health. My mom hadn't heard anything but said she would try to talk to her sister (who lives in town with my grandparents) and see.

I didn't hear anything all day. I still had this strange feeling about the whole thing. Tonight while shopping I got a call from my dad. They finally heard back from my aunt and my grandma had been taken to the hospital because she had a stroke. I still don't know how she is doing. Though, since I haven't heard I assume she is doing alright.

It was just the strangest thing. I don't know if she had just had the stroke when I talked with her or was maybe in some form of beginning stages.

If you could please pray for my grandma and grandpa (along with the rest of the family) I would appreciate it.

Thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment