Thursday, October 16, 2008

5 Qualities I'm Looking For in the Next President

I am not a big fan of politics and the whole political season. But as I am getting older, I am starting to take a new interest in politics. There are a few things I am looking for in a president. And to be honest, I have a hard time finding these five things in most politicians. I thought I would share my top 5 qualities that I look for in a president.


5 Qualities I look for in the next president:
1. Experience - I want someone who has an idea what it is like to be in that position. Obviously, I am not looking for someone who has necessarily been president. I want to know this person knows how to handle pressure, make big decisions, and juggle a lot of issues at the same time.
2. Honesty - I want the president to be a person I can trust; therefore, he needs to do what he says and say what he means. I do not need someone to tell me what they think I want to hear, just to get my vote. I want to trust you and believe what you say - I can't do that with most politicians. I think Scripture says it best, "Let your yes be yes and your no, no"
3. Clarity - I want to be able to understand what you are saying and doing. Do not try to "talk around" me or avoid giving me details. I want a president who will talk straight and honest with the American public.
4. Family Values - I have strong family values and would love to have a president who has strong family values, too. Family is the backbone of America, and if the president does not value the family that will hurt the nation.
5. Humility - This is a biggie to me. Being president carries with it a lot of responsibility (that kinda goes without saying) and power. I want a president who does not consider himself the best person to ever walk the White House floor. If a presidential candidate showed some signs of humility, he would be the type of leader most people would want to follow. Unfortunately, I have a feeling that this quality will be one I will never see in a president, though I will always carry hope.

bonus quality - integrity would be pretty helpful, too.


What qualities do you look for in the next president?

No comments:

Post a Comment