Monday, January 22, 2007

daily reminder from my 2 year old

My two year old is pretty cool. Yeah, I know I'm biased.

Just about every day, he reminds me of a very important spiritual truth. To be honest, I'm not sure exactly how he picked this up except from just watching Amy and me. Every time he prays before we eat he prays for everything on his plate. I mean everything: each item of food, his napkin, drink, spoon, fork and whatever else he happens to have. He thanks God specifically for everything he has. There have been times where he will thank God for other things he has, non food items, during our mealtime prayer.

How often do I thank God specifically for all the blessings He has given to me? I am reminded of the difference in a general thank you and a specific thank you. I need to spend more time praying specifically and less generally.

How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment