Monday, January 08, 2007

Walk the Line

yesterday my wife and I watched Walk the Line for the first time. Though it was not a straight viewing (thanks to kids and eating) it was nice to watch a movie with her. I had heard a lot about the movie but hadn't seen it. In college I had a friend who was a huge Johnny Cash fan, so I knew a little about him.

A few thoughts on the movie (based strictly on the movie)...

1. Cash lived by his emotions
2. I was reminded of the fact that when we think others (esp. those in the spotlight) have a better life than us we often forget about that "rest of their life". You know that part we don't often know about. We compare ourselves to what we know about the other person, not the total of who they are.
3. As a dad, I can play a huge part of how my boys see themselves. My words and actions can affect their life and actions.
4. It is hard to be a friend when your friend is hurting themselves.
5. temptation is strong and sometimes it takes others to step in to get us to stop the cycle of giving in.

No comments:

Post a Comment