Thursday, February 15, 2007

5th Quarter

This Friday is our 5th Quarter. We are hosting the middle school students. Honestly I think that is because at some point in the past the other host decided they wanted to do the high school one (not sure if it was out of fear for ms or what?). So today and tomorrow will be fun days of prep. I am looking forward to it. I love being able to just hang out with middle schoolers for a few hours and then send them back home :)

I have been encouraged by our adult helpers. They seem to really get behind the need to have a quality/excellent event for middle schoolers. They do not see it as the "leftover" or "unwanted" group. They are excited about it and I am thrilled to see that excitement and not a feeling of "havetoness."

We're having a dj do the music - which I'm excited about. Some fun games are planned and some great food is on its way.

But my big concern is in the interaction b/w the adults and the students. I've been to other events where the adults just sorta sit back and interact with each other and do not interact with the students. Or if they do, the students have to initiate it. I'm going to try to stress the point that this is not for us, its for the students. I want the students to know we care about them, we are here for them, we want them to know about and have a relationship with Jesus Christ.

If you think about it, please pray for our evening. Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment