Friday, February 09, 2007

fiber optics

I can't believe I didn't post about this earlier this week. On my way in to work today I noticed the phone lines. Yeah, that's not too odd. But what I remembered was that last week they had been working on the lines, putting some new line in - which I had no idea what it was. Well, at the sr. Bible study on Tuesday someone mentioned that they were putting up fiber optic cable. That's not strange, because fiber optics is beginning to be more common. But what is strange is that I live in a small town (2,000 people) and if you're outside of the "city limits" then you cannot even get high speed internet.

So if we are really getting fiber optic cables that is crazy. It's good, but crazy.

Maybe this will mean we (at the church) can get some higher speed internet than dialup. Maybe? Please!

No comments:

Post a Comment