Monday, November 24, 2008

NYWC '08: Sunday

Sunday is the last full day of the convention. So a lot of people are pretty tired by this point. I can tell this from all of the people who seemed to be skipping out on sessions and just sitting around. I think it was probably the best thing for them to do. There are definite times where the best thing to do spiritually is to just sit. I pray that no one goes home tired, but rather refreshed and encouraged.

Here is the quick rundown of my day on Sunday (again in no particular order):
1. Sad that I had a couple conversations with people today who have recently lost their jobs. I know what they are going through and my heard breaks for them.
2. At the same time, I love to talk with youth workers. It is one of the best things about the NYWC.
3. I got to make it to the Twitterer/blogger meet-up today for lunch. Though I could only stay for part of it, it was really good to see some of the online friends in person.
4. Some of the people I've met today (sorry if I forget you): Shawn Michael, Brian Senecal, Eli Roogles.
5. I got to have a really great dinner with Andy Brazelton (@outsideallday) and Chris Davis (@crd55). Both great guys. Dinner also included a some of the fine people who work with HomeWord.
6. I got to write a verse (1 Sam. 14.37) in the Zondervan Bible Across America. It was cool to know that I was a part of something that big and there are so many different people who are handwriting a verse at a time.
7. The Skit Guys were just hilarious today.
8. Mike Pilavachi had some great words of encouragement. God wants to use the broken & Do not give up. Discipleship takes time.
9. (This one will sound like a broken record, but its true and its part of my day). I really miss my family. My daughter smiled and cooed when I talked to her on the phone today - just about broke my heart. I am ready to drive home tomorrow and see them.
10. This year feels different. It's not a bad different, just different. I'll have to take a few days/weeks to really process and determine what it is.


I'll try to put up a Monday recap by Tuesday night. And within the next week or so I'm going to post a NYWC in pictures. Not everything, but a few of the ones I've remembered to take.

No comments:

Post a Comment