Wednesday, November 29, 2006

boys basketball vs. girls basketball

Last night I got to go to another basketball game. This time it was the girls. And this time I was not alone - Nathan went with me. (Man, I love being able to spend one on one time with him, even though he's only 2):)

The crowd for this one was a lot less - let's say almost 1/4 of the people. I wasn't ready for that (but I wasn't ready for the amount of people at the boys game either). There was no band to play between the JV and Varsity games. No band to play the National Anthem. I actually enjoyed the game a little more than Monday nights. Partly because Nathan was with me, but also because it seemed more like a game. You know how intense parents and fans can get and quickly turn a high school basketball game into the most important thing ever. (well, really it happens at all sporting events)

I also noticed that the difference between the JV and varsity was a little wider margain of "ability" last night. The JV girls game was a rather slow scoring, more passing game. But the Varsity was a little more high pace, higher scoring, definately more aggressive game.

I was able to see some of the students and parents, which is always a plus (sometimes the only reason).

My wife and I were talking last night and it looks like the girls basketball games are a good time to take our littlest boy to a game or two. Less crowd, more open stands, more relaxed feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment