Wednesday, November 29, 2006

last minute speaking and checking my voicemail

As you will know from my last post, I went to the local girls basketball game last night. This meant I got home around 8:30 or so and finally got Nathan to bed around 9. I was getting ready to do some reading and relaxing when I decided to check my phone. I thought it said I had a voicemail and I knew I needed to erase some. (and since it was after 9, it was free :))

When I checked the voicemail I found out that I had a new one I didn't know about. Oops! It was from 7:30 in the morning, must have been before I turned on the phone that day. It was from one of the jr high girls in charge of the Christian Club at school. She had called me a few weeks ago about speaking at club, but I told her I couldn't because I would be out of town (at the NYWC). Well, it was her again calling to see if I could speak at today's club. Not a problem, except it was already close to 9:30 and the club meets at 8am. So I called her back and asked if they still needed me to speak. Of course she said they would, if I could! And of course I said yes.

So instead of reading and talking with my wife, I got to work on a short devo. (well, I did spend time with my wife, too - which meant I just went to bed later.)

So, today I went to the high school FCA (which starts at 7:30). And I found out it was meeting in a new location - thankfully one of the students got there the same time I did and took me. I left that early and headed to club. I spoke (not my best, I ran out of time). I think I was clear, but not sure if I got across to them clearly. (Never can quite tell with a jr. higher).

Afterward I did get to talk with a few of the students. And in two weeks is there Christmas Party :) and I'm invited.

No comments:

Post a Comment