Monday, November 27, 2006

post NYWC - back home

I'm back in the office. That is a good thing. I am ready to be back. Last week was good to be with family and enjoy the holiday, but it really made the time away almost too long. Two weeks is a long time to be gone - a lot can happen in two weeks.

So, we got back into town on Saturday afternoonish, around 5pm our time. I unpacked the car, we had dinner and I came to church to make sure things were set up for Sunday morning. (I didn't want to try to come even earlier on Sunday and have that "last minute" problem solving situation happen) I got to church and things were set up :). There were a few people at church getting ready for a Ministry Fair we were having on Sunday. I talked with them a bit and went back to getting ready for Sunday. I went back to leave and peeked in to say goodbye and one of them said "I need to talk to you about something in private."

(First thought - oh great something happened while I was gone and I'm already getting blamed for it. I know, what a great first thought - but hey, I'm just being honest. Second thought - I have no idea what this could be about, there are so many possibilities.)

It turns out that it was not about me (silly paranoia mentality - why is it so hard to not think these thoughts) directly. One of the students in the ministry had stopped this leader in the halls at school and told her about some issues going on at home. Things that I don't know all the details. Just more junk that this student and their sibling have to go through (I do not like hearing about stuff like this, it just makes me hurt). So right off the bat, I'm thrown into a situation that I am not even supposed to know about and I've only been back home for a few hours.

So, I go back home. I'm ready to enjoy some down time and relax with my wife and boys. Then I got a phone call from one of the youth ministry team leaders needing to find some pictures for the display board for the ministry fair. He could not find the CD in my office. So I'm back to the church to find it (second trip to church within 3 hours of being home). I get a new cd made and its back home (after stopping by the store for the second time - I forgot a few things the first time).

Some prep for Sunday and then to bed. :)

Sunday was all the more crazy. Sunday School was only 1/2 the time b/c of the Ministry Fair. Then it was Kids Worship (3-6th grade) during the service. Didn't get to see a few people I needed to see. Had lunch at home and then while the boys took a nap I came back to church because I forgot to make sure I could find some papers I needed for a meeting before evening church. Got that taken care of then back home for like 45 minutes before it was back to church for the meeting. Had a good meeting - trying to develop a scope and sequence for the jr/sr high Sunday evening classes. Then helped with the jr. high class (man, they seemed unusually distracted last night). Then while playing chess with a student (we have an ongoing game in progress) I was told there was an elder's prayer time. (It was supposed to be last week, but moved because of the holiday). So I had that. It was a great meeting and I truly love that part of the relationship I have with the elders. But I got home after 9pm, with no dinner. I was able to help put the boys to bed, which was a blessing. Then read some Bible and relaxed before bed.

Needless to say, I'm back :)

No comments:

Post a Comment